[gollem] Re: Hide some directory

Antonio DeLaCruz td at homenet.tzo.com
Wed Apr 13 14:11:26 PDT 2005

Change the owner and group access levels for the vfs directory and sub
files and
directories that you have set for Horde.

Then, I would do a chmod -R on that vfs directory.

Then, I would change the owner and group for the directory in the vfs
structure
that you don't want anyone to get to, to a non-Horde user.

Then, I would do a chmod -R 700 on that directory.

permission levels are read as follows:

rwxrwxrwx

The first three are for the owner's permission level
The second three are for the group permission level
The third three are for the world's permission level.

By setting 700 to the directory that you want to block access to, it will read
rwx------.  That should keep everyone but the owner from being able to
write or
even see the directory.

Thanks,