[gollem] SMB as backend

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jun 22 08:14:11 PDT 2005

I'd remove mention of it altogether from the 1.0 release.  SMB support is only
in development at this point, so it is a) confusing to mention a non-existent
3.1 Horde release, and 2) confusing if it is in backends.php.dist at all.

Of course, its trivial to run a version of gollem that supports SMB in a
production Horde install, but for version 1.0, SMB isn't supported, so
I'd vote
for no mention of it.  Too many commercial software vendors that I've worked
with include a config option for such a certain thing, and when you ask them
for documentation, they state that it doesn't work in the current version, its
in the next.  Well, why put in a config option for it in the first
place if its
even available?

Kevin

--