[gollem] Blank Screen in Gollem after install

Nick Cole nick at cole2.com
Thu Jun 23 15:35:47 PDT 2005

Thanks Michael,

You are right. When I run horde/test.php, it tells me that PEAR log
support is not properly installed. I'm running horde on a shared server,
so I cannot execute a lot of the instructions in the horde/install files.

However, when I go to /usr/share/pear, a file called Log.php does exist.

But, phpinfo() says that the php include_path is /usr/local/lib/php.
This does contain a file called pear.php, but not log.php.

phpinfo() tells me that php.ini is in /user/local/lib. This contains:

memory_limit = 40M;
upload_max_filesize = 20M;
max_execution_time = 300;
max_execution_time = 50000;
browscap = /usr/local/lib/browscap.ini
register_globals = on;
error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,form=fakeentry,fieldset=";

Here is the test.php output - appreciate any thoughts.

Horde Version
Horde: 3.0.4
Horde Applications
Gollem: 1.0-BETA (run Gollem tests)
Horde: 3.0.4
Imp: H3 (4.0.3) (run Imp tests)
Nag: H3 (2.0.1)
Turba: H3 (2.0.2) (run Turba tests)
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
View loaded extensions
PHP Version: 4.3.10
PHP Major Version: 4.3
PHP Minor Version: 10
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
Ctype Support: Yes
DOM XML Support: Yes
FTP Support: Yes
GD Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
Iconv Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: No
Mbstring Support: Yes
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: Yes
MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in
Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
install PECL/PHP extensions.
MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): No
The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP extension
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in
Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
install PECL/PHP extensions.
MySQL Support: Yes
OpenSSL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
Session Support: Yes
XML Support: Yes
Zlib Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
memory_limit disabled: No
If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high enough
Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail
attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP memory
limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If
this is not possible, then you should set the value of memory_limit in
php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value of memory_limit: 40M).
file_uploads enabled: Yes
safe_mode disabled: Yes
session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
session.auto_start disabled: Yes
Required Horde Configuration Files
config/conf.php: Yes
config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
config/nls.php: Yes
config/prefs.php: Yes
config/registry.php: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 3
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/homepages/1/d69754957/htdocs/cole/admin/horde-3.0.4/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php

PEAR: Yes
Recent PEAR: Yes
Mail_RFC822: Yes
Mail_Mime: Yes
Log: No
Make sure you are using a version of PEAR which includes the Log
classes, or that you have installed the Log package seperately. See the
INSTALL file for instructions on installing Log. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!
DB: Yes
Net_Socket: Yes
Date: Yes
Auth_SASL: No
Horde will work without the Auth_SASL class, but if you use Access
Control Lists in IMP you should be aware that without this class
passwords will be sent to the IMAP server in plain text when retrieving
ACLs.
HTTP_Request: No
Parts of Horde (HTML composition in IMP, Jonah, the XML-RPC
client/server) use the HTTP_Request library to retrieve URLs and do
other HTTP requests.
File: Yes
Net_SMTP: Yes
Services_Weather: No
Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the portal page.