[gollem] A question about setting the root

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Feb 10 12:28:00 PST 2006

Hello,

First let me thank you for making such a neet-o tool! It is making the
live of my non-computer-savy friends very happy to be able to move
files without having to learn to use the command-line!!!!  Oh, that
scarry command line. (Where do I click?)
:D

I have a question though. I am using the linux file structure as my
backend and so far everyone's root is the same. If I could set per user
permissions this wouldn't be a problem but for the interface to work
apache has to be able to modify files so that isint an option.

I want to make each users root to be /vfs root/username so that each
user can only see or modify files in the "username" subfoler of root.
Like chroot.
How do I go about doing this?

I am sure there is some $conf['uname'] like attribute set but I son't
know which ones are validated and proper to use. If I knew the right
one I could simply set the root to be
'root' => '/' . $conf['username']
or something.

THanks for the help and for writing the module in the first place!
-thewade