[gollem] Paste option but no support for paste?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Feb 15 15:51:56 PST 2006

Quoting Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se>:

> Using H3 1.0.2-RC1, I entered a folder where there was one file. I
> checked its selection box and chose "Cut" from the drop-down selection box.
>
> Then I moved one level up and clicked on the clipboard icon, selected
> the file from the clipboard and chose paste; this is what I got:
>
> 'Cannot paste "azerty_mail-2.1-mz+tb.jar" (file cleared from clipboard):
> Not supported.'
>
> Did I do something wrong? It seems to be the paste link should not be
> displayed/enabled if it's not supported (and why is it not supported,
> when uploading works fine).
>
> I'm using the "SQL with Home" example in the backends.php.dist file.
> Nothing else in backends.php is enabled.

The VFS sql driver does not have a move() function.  Thus, cut/paste
is not enabled.  Jan has implemented a "poor man's copy/move" function
to the base VFS() driver within the last week (see
http://cvs.horde.org/framework/VFS/VFS.php) but he has not yet
backported to FRAMEWORK_3.  In any case, this functionality will not
work until you upgrade.

As far as disabling copy/paste - there's really nothing we can do at
the present time.  We can't check for the existence of the functions
copy() or move() in the VFS object since all objects will have this
function defined since it is a part of the base class so we can't use
method_exists().  Any other ideas on how to check for this would be
great.

michael