[gollem] Paste option but no support for paste?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Feb 15 21:41:57 PST 2006

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> As far as disabling copy/paste - there's really nothing we can do at
> the present time.  We can't check for the existence of the functions
> copy() or move() in the VFS object since all objects will have this
> function defined since it is a part of the base class so we can't use
> method_exists().  Any other ideas on how to check for this would be
> great.

We've used a "hasCapability" method before, but since that isn't in
the base VFS API, it won't help us.

Really, though, is there any reason that the SQL driver _shouldn't_
implement move? The VFS API is pretty basic, we should be able to do a
reasonable implementation for most backends.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships