[gollem] Pros and Cons of Each Backend Type

Pieter Bruinsma pbruinsma at fotgroup.com
Tue Mar 7 03:13:30 PST 2006

Hi,

Gollem will be excellent for our company because it allows us bypass the
ftp firewall block that many of our clients implement on their sites.

It maybe too much to ask but I was wondering if anybody could list the
major pros and cons of each backend type. Of course allowing alternate
FTP client access aswell is the most obvious for the FTP backends.
However, FTP client access is not so critical for us. And, though you
can use horde crendentials to do a ftp login, if the ftp password and
horde password do not match then you cannot access (unless somebody
knows a way of ensuring that one password change covers both mail and ftp.)

Regards, Pieter