[gollem] Feature Request: Another login page not required.

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Thu Apr 19 07:19:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 11:55 +0530, Anant Athavale wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> I have a requirement of setting up File Upload utility.  I have setup
> a system having only Horde and Gollem.
>
> I have following lines in horde/conf.php
> $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'gollem';
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
>
> That is, I want to authenticate horde through Gollem application.
>
> I have following lines in horde/prefs.php
>
> $_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
>      'value' => 'gollem',
>      'locked' => true,
>      'shared' => true,
>      'type' => 'select',
>      'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after
> login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
> );
>
> That is, I want to directly go to File Manager Application immediately
> after login.
>
> I have following lines in horde/gollem/backends.php
>
> $backends['hordeftp'] = array(
>       'name' => 'FTP Server',
>       'driver' => 'ftp',
>       'preferred' => 'localhost',
>       'hordeauth' => false
>       'params' => array(
>           // The hostname/IP Address of the FTP server.
>           'hostspec' => 'cig07.isac.dos.gov.in',
>           // The port number of the FTP server.
>           'port' => 21,
>           // Use passive mode?
>           'pasv' => false,
>           // Set timeout (in seconds) for the FTP server. Default: 90 seconds
>           // 'timeout' => 90,
>           // If true and the POSIX extension is available the driver will map
>           // the user and group IDs returned from the FTP server with the local
>           // IDs from the local password file.  This is useful only if the FTP
>           // server is running on localhost or if the local user/group
>           // IDs are identical to the remote FTP server.
>           // You must be running a version of Horde >= 3.1 for this
> parameter to
>           // have any effect.
>           'maplocalids' => true,
>           // The default permissions to set for newly created folders
> and files.
>           // 'permissions' => '750'
>       ),
>       'loginparams' => array(
>           // Allow the user to change the FTP server.
>           // 'hostspec' => 'Hostname',
>           // Allow the user to change the FTP port.
>           // 'port' => 'Port'
>       ),
>       // 'root' => '',
>       // 'home' => '',
>       // 'createhome' => false,
>       // 'filter' => '^regex$',
>       // 'quota' => '100 MB',
>       'clipboard' => false,
>       'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'download', 'modified',
> 'size', 'permission', 'owner', 'group')
> );
>
> That is, I am using FTP backend for uploading files.  And this is the
> only backend I am going to use.
>
> Now my problem is like this.  Functionally everything is OK.  It asks
> me to login twice when I set my initial application as gollem in Horde
> [...]

We have a similar problem.  We used gollem with smb backend.  If users
only have one samba share then there is no login box.  Some of our users
get more than one share.  In that case the login box appears if you
click on the File Manager menu option.  If you click on each share they
are already authenticated.  It is just an annoyance for us.

Murray