[gollem] Changing the dir where temp files are created with VFS

Rich Hutchinson rich at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 10:25:05 UTC 2007

I'm using SMB backends, and am encountering some problems when trying to
download very large files through File Manager in Horde.

On each download, it creates a temporary file in /tmp at the moment -
the problem is that the /tmp partition on the server has only about
850Mb free space. Whenever I try to download a file greater than this
size, I can see the vfs temp file being created in /tmp, and it will
fill up the filesystem until it runs out of space and then horde just
returns to the file manager menu (obviously without d/ling the file).

However, the partial temp file created isn't cleared up...resulting in
not ever being able to d/l this file, or any subsequent ones until I
then manually remove all the vfs?????? files, since there is not enough
space to create subsequent temp files.

Is there a way to instruct Gollem to create the temp VFS files in
another location (I have another partition with many Gb of free space)?
I can't seem to find the setting at the moment.

Sorry if this is a simple query.

Many thanks in advance...

Rich.