[gollem] Can gollem share with non-subscribers?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Feb 12 21:35:21 UTC 2008

Quoting corky <corky at peavys.net>:

> Thanks for the answer.  My customers frequently ask for this
> feature, it would be extremely useful.  The FTP option would not be
> so good, niave users seldom have success with FTP.

Users don't have to use FTP directly; they'd use Gollem and Gollem
would use FTP as its backend.

> Anyway I wonder if that type of feature would be something the Horde
> team would be opposed to seeing added.  It could be an option that
> is off by default.  If no objections, perhaps I could write it, or
> it might be better if I did your bounty thing to have people more
> familiar with Horde do it.  If I were to do it I'd need a little
> design discussion to make sure it fit into the hord way of doing
> things.

I wouldn't do this as a specific separate feature, but as fleshing out
the Horde_Perms support in Gollem on VFS filesystems.

> If I understand you correctly, gollem does not respect space quotas
> even for the hord user?  If so, that is a concern.

If you're using a filesystem VFS and the user that owns the VFS
(horde, or www-data, or similar), has a quota, then of course it'll be
respected.

-chuck