[gollem] having trouble with file uploads

Julian julian.paceross at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:50:08 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am using apache2, php5, with horde 3.1.3 and gollem 1.0.2, using an FTP
backend.

At first, I was having trouble downloading files files larger than around
100Mb:
For downloading a 100Mb file, setting php.ini memory_limit to 128M did not
work, 256 niether, and only worked when set to 512Mb.
Using "top", I can see that this httpd-prefork was using around 360Mb memory
to download this file. But in the end the download worked, even though the
memory consumed seems a bit high.

Now I am also having trouble with uploading files. Even with maximum file
upload size set to 200M, I cannot upload a file of even a few bytes.
The file is uploaded in its entirety into the temp folder on the server, but
then the process starts taking up more and more memory and CPU on the server
until I get a "PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of etc..." in the
apache error log.

Any clue why this might be happening?
Thanks
Julian