[gollem] Problems with special characters in passwords or filenames

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 3 09:03:19 UTC 2013

Zitat von Stephan Lauffer <lauffer at ph-freiburg.de>:

> Hi!
>
> We stumbled over some special characters in passwords in the SMB
> module (.../Vfs/SMB.php). I also noted some problems with special
> chars in filenames. For example using $ (mad idea, but my happen).

Non-ascii password characters won't work reliably, in anything but a
closed system.

Special characters in filenames *should* work, though at least with
the VFS filesystem driver, there are some hardly to reproduce
problems. I don't know of any with the SMB driver, though that doesn't
have to say anything.

> Since I don't know gollem that good and before I try to fix this
> problems by myself: Does anybody know where we should take care of
> these special characters? If it is only a SMB problem maybe
> protected function _execute($cmd) would be the right place?

Hard to say without any details about *what* fails.

> Two other SMB related problems: Right now we have a bug while
> accessing DFS shares. Some of our double quotation marks passed to
> our smbclient causes problems. The other point is that we need the
> option for the domain of a user (the option -W of smbclient).
>
> (Jan:) Are you interested in a patch for the DFS and Domain problems?

Yes, and additions to the existing Horde_Vfs unit tests too, so that
we can reproduce the problem.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project