[gollem] Dynamic SMB location in gollem backend

Soporte SCHOLEM soporte at scholem.edu.ar
Thu Jan 9 15:53:37 UTC 2014

Thank you, Matthew for your answer and suggestions. I would want to resume
our situation (maybe other guys have the same):
One year ago we installed Horde with basic modules (mail, schedule,
contacts, notes and tasks) in replacement of our Exchange Server 2003. The
result was great. Horde is a very nice and useful packet and was very well
accepted for users.
Now, after one year of usage and improvements, we would want to migrate our
MS file sharing and move all the user's data to Horde, by adding Gollem
module.
With this schema, users would have only one login for all (Horde login),
and would be able to access to all their content from anywhere by web
interface, becoming Horde to be the main Intranet page.
But we are seeing that our Gollem (that is a powerful tool) has some
problems:
1. Folders creation: if you create a new folder, Gollem keeps it in tmp
space until you put into (upload) the first file. If you just create the
folder and leave to other menu, Gollem deletes the tmp folder. i.e.: You
have to move some files from one folder to a new one. Then, you mark the
files and copy them the clipboard. Next, you pick on *create folder*, wrote
a name, pick OK and new folder *seems* to be created. If you go to that
"virtual" folder and paste from the clipboard, you get this error
message:
[folder] NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
  1. Gollem::copyFile() /var/www/horde/gollem/manager.php:171
  2. Gollem::_copyFile() /var/www/horde/gollem/lib/Gollem.php:497..........

In order that no errors appear, you have to upload some file immediately
after of create the folder. So, the folder go from tmp space to disk space
and no error shows when you paste files from clipboard.
Is this a bug or a misconfiguration?. Anywone has the same problem?
2. Cut & paste: if you *cut* instead *copy* a file, you will always get
this error when you paste the file anywhere:
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND opening remote file [path\file]
  1. Gollem::moveFile() /var/www/horde/gollem/manager.php:169
  2. Gollem::_copyFile()/var/www/horde/gollem/lib/Gollem.php:480.............
Is this a bug or a misconfiguration? Does it have relation with ticket
#12106?

3. Gollem and WebDAV integration. When users have to edit files other than
txt or html, they have to download and upload them. This drawback is not
only in the additional job of upload, but also for leaving a copy of the
modified file at the desktop or download place. Finnaly, users won't use
Gollem's folders, but will use their desktop copies and this is not what we
want. I guess integration of WebDAV with Gollem would solve this issue, but
that integration is not developed yet. Will next versions of Gollem include
some of those changes?

Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day!
Carlos