[gollem] Dropbox-type file sharing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 22 19:18:27 UTC 2014

Quoting Matthew <mw at robotmouse.com>:

> I'm using Gollem so that folk can browse SMB shares on my server; it
> works fine. I've not really investigated the folder sharing feature
> of Gollem; suspect it may not work well on an SMB back end, but it's
> not a big deal; the things that need sharing are on shared, er,
> shares anyway.
>
> What I'd like to do, though, is provide a way to link to
> individualfiles rather than emailing them. Folk often have trouble
> with size-related bouncebacks; many receiving MTAs have a size limit
> of eg 10mb, so I'd like a way of getting a link to download a file,
> that can be sent in an email will work for anyone without having to
> log in. Similar to eg Dropbox.

See the commit message:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/901a6a1ae698fd44db419d41a975841a60d66780

IMP has been designed to easily allow someone to write a local
attachment storage driver to accomplish this.  Now it doesn't exist
yet, but doesn't require any changes to the internal IMP code.

michael