[hermes] Exporting Bug - Hermes?

Greg Jacobs greg.jacobs at tethco.com
Fri Jun 20 11:14:10 PDT 2003

>Quoting Greg Jacobs <greg.jacobs at tethco.com>:

>> Only problem is that when I export submitted timesheets from hermes to
>> the .iif file format it will not export the Employee information per
>> entry. I've looked at the database tables itself, and it is logging the
>> users id' correctly. I've even poked around hermes php code and it looks
>> like you do a query on the employee_ID row, but i'm not enough of a php
>> zen to know if the code is buggy or not. It even appears that you do try
>> and generate the iif file with said employee id info? Hrmm.

>When I generate an export, I have Chuck Hagenbuch (my fullname) listed in
>the EMP field. I just fixed a small bug where if they didn't have a
>fullname set (in an Identity), then the field would have been blank. I'm
>guessing that's what's going on for you.

I just grabbed the latest CVS changes of Hermes and that did the trick! I am
getting the following though in the exported iif file now

<b>Notice</b>:  Use of undefined constant PEAR_LOG_DEBUG - assumed
'PEAR_LOG_DEBUG' in
<b>c:\inetpub\wwwroot\horde\hermes\lib\Driver\sql.php</b> on line
<b>Notice</b>:  Use of undefined constant PEAR_LOG_DEBUG - assumed
'PEAR_LOG_DEBUG' in
<b>c:\inetpub\wwwroot\horde\hermes\lib\Driver\sql.php</b> on line

I'm going to comment out this debug parameter if I can in the short term to
deploy this.

OUR accounting system uses IDs different from our login ID's. You mentioned
that the system will use the fullname when exists. Where is this set per
user? I'd like to use this feature to have the system export a preset
Employee name instead of their login name as per right now?

---
Greg Jacobs
Tethco Technologies Inc.  http://www.tethco.com
Phone: 519-746-0009  x27