[hermes] Hermes - Crystal Reports

Greg Jacobs greg.jacobs at tethco.com
Thu Jun 26 08:59:17 PDT 2003

Hi everyone.

I'm building crystal report pages to pull data out of hermes to generate reports
on employee activity, job type activity, job summary etc. Its all working good,
but I have one question.

In the hermes_timeslices table, the Field timeslice_date seems to be encoded
with a weird date format? (its an INT(11) datatype)

What the heck is the format? I need to write a small VB script in crystal to
convert that back into a meaningfull date.

On another front, i'd like to make a small suggestion. The hermes_timeslices
table has the jobtype_id field as being varchar. I changed this to INT so that
crystal reports or any other system can then correlate the contents in the
hermes_jobtypes table to the hermes_timeslices table since both jobtype_id key
fields are then INT, since the id key in hermes_jobtypes table was already INT.

For reference I just used good 'ol phpMySQLAdmin to change the Field to INT. It
didn't break anything and exporting to .iif still works fine, in case anyone
wants to replicate what I've done. Be sure to apply latest hotfixes to Crystal9
so it can talk to MySQL via the MySQL ODBC drives (v3.51) without problems.

--
Greg Jacobs
Tethco.com