[hermes] My plans for hermes

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Wed Nov 19 20:21:30 PST 2003

Hi people.  Just a couple of notes on my plans for Hermes.  I had talked
a bit on IRC and actually written an addition to allow batching of time
and editing of the batches.  Typically, the batches would represent
invoicing runs.  I'm going to scrap and rewrite this as a more general
invoice-item batching capability so that it can also include expenses
and recurring items eventually.

This means that it probably won't be a part of hermes--it will likely be
a part of Juno.

I also plan to allow hermes to track entered rate vs. edited (to bill)
rate, entered hours vs. edited hours, entered client vs. edited client.
This is so that the time reviewer can choose to bill the time
differently from the way the employee entered it without loosing an
audit trail.

I plan to get this stuff done in the near future.  If anyone has any
suggestions about this stuff or their own usage of Horde and how this
might affect it, please post now.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>