[hermes] My plans for hermes

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Nov 20 12:18:52 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:10:51AM +1100, Bo Daley wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> this all sounds good. The only thing I'd like to add to this would be the
> ability to record time against tickets in Whups. If the ticket is linked to a
> client, it should be possible to have Hermes (and now Juno too?) recognise time
> spent on a ticket in Whups as billable or non-billable time. I haven't really
> thought through how to do this yet, but it's one of the things users here have
> been asking for and I planned to look into it soon. Does that sound useful to
> you too?

Absolutely.  I've pondered this a bit.  In fact, that was what inspired
me to come up with the Horde_History sort of idea on irc (although Chuck
ran with it).

I'd also like to have time billed directly to a client with a log entry
on that client in turba and some other things, so some sort of hooks
into Horde_History and converting Whups to use Horde_History would be
the way to go.

It's a bit of work, but I think the benefits of the integration would be
huge.

Of course I don't put any of this into the "near-term" category,
although I put that into the "eventually I really should" category :)

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>