[hermes] Missing Hermes features, e.g., Time Data, Time Admin, ...

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Mon Nov 22 11:42:28 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:20:39AM -0800, Rod Morison wrote:
> I brought whups/hermes up off cvs head last week, and time entry seems to be
> working fine. But, I'm missing many off the features/links I see in the hermes
> project page screenshots, e.g., the Enter Time page is quite different, I'm
> missing Submit Time, Current Week, Other Weeks, Time Data, Time Admin icons,
>
> I noticed some cryptic comments about permissions in hermes/docs/INFO. Is there
> some config work I need to do?
>
> Rod

No.  'Submit Time' has gone away because it can be done from the normal
time screen now (which only displays unsubmitted time).  "Current Week"
and "Other Weeks" has gone away to make it more flexible... you can
track time in batches of days, weeks, months, quarters, or just until
whenever you get around to the billing... now the time stays on the
entry screen until it is submitted.  You can use the new "Search"
screen to query the time, so you can still see time for any period.

You should still see the "Admin" option (if you are logged in as an
admin, that is--which users are admins is in Horde's config).

The permission you are talking about allows 1) a user to see another
user's time, and 2) the ability to edit submitted (but not exported)
time.

The export is, unfortunately, in a state of disrepair at the
moment, but it is not hard to do from the mysql or psql command line.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>