[hermes] just testing - export is confusing

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 24 22:09:18 PST 2005

Seems this module is still somewhat rough - it may be a good place for
me to start fooling around as it appears to not be anyone's top priority
anyway.

I exported data - and got this...

"1","cn=Craig
White,ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com","Administrator","2","At-
Home","0.75",,,"1109228401","Study Time system",,,"At-Home"

I note the obvious first...that it exports the LDAP DN and it would seem
better to retrieve other values from LDAP - I could possibly fix that
myself. My guess is that the initial development considered only sql
source for clients.

The one that threw me for a loop is the date 1109228401 - I don't get
the number...when I pull this data into openoffice, it concludes a date
of something like 03/18/24208 which of course is absurd and of course
doesn't fix if I change the openoffice spreadsheet base date from
12/30/1899 to 01/01/1904 (I believe that is excel's default) - this
funky number is what I get if I choose csv or tsv but if I choose the
iif format, it spits the date out as 02/24/05 which is better.

Seems to me that Jason had done some work on this module about a year
ago and not much has been done since - is anyone working on it?

Craig