[hermes] Re: just testing - export is confusing

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Fri Feb 25 05:27:43 PST 2005

Craig White wrote:

>Seems this module is still somewhat rough - it may be a good place for
>me to start fooling around as it appears to not be anyone's top priority
>anyway.
>
>I exported data - and got this...
>
>"1","cn=Craig
>White,ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com","Administrator","2","At-
>Home","0.75",,,"1109228401","Study Time system",,,"At-Home"
>
>I note the obvious first...that it exports the LDAP DN and it would seem
>better to retrieve other values from LDAP - I could possibly fix that
>myself. My guess is that the initial development considered only sql
>source for clients.
>
>The one that threw me for a loop is the date 1109228401 - I don't get
>the number...when I pull this data into openoffice, it concludes a date
>of something like 03/18/24208 which of course is absurd and of course
>doesn't fix if I change the openoffice spreadsheet base date from
>12/30/1899 to 01/01/1904 (I believe that is excel's default) - this
>funky number is what I get if I choose csv or tsv but if I choose the
>iif format, it spits the date out as 02/24/05 which is better.
>
>Seems to me that Jason had done some work on this module about a year
>ago and not much has been done since - is anyone working on it?

Another developer here is working on adding some features to hermes,
which I'm guessing we'll have done in a week or two or three.  This will
have much better export method which will aid in the prepration of
invoices, and tracking export batches.

The current method is admittedly very rough.  I'd left it in a broken
state for a while because I got pulled away and haven't had the chance
to get back to it.  What you are seeing is what I'd restored just to
provide /something/.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>