[hermes] how to enable clients

Michael C. Ibarra ibarra at hawk.com
Thu Aug 4 05:11:59 PDT 2005

This setting points to the addressbook, in turba, that contains the
names of your clients.  When you create a timesheet, in hermes, it will
pulldown/use all of the  names contained within this addressbook as
options for your timesheet.

Try going to: "hermes -> Enter Time -> Client". If you have everyone in
your addressbook as an option, then you probably have your default
turba addressbook selected (in turba), annoying eh?

You would be better served if you simply created a new table, assuming
you are using a sql backend, that is exactly the same as the default
one but with a different name of course.

Call it something else, hordeclientsql or whatever.

Change your settings in turba for "name of client addressbook" to point
at this new table, i.e. hordeclientsql.

Populate the new table with just the names and addresses for your
clients, within turba as you would any addressbook entry.

Permission your users to see/use this new database.

Result? you should now have a nicely trimmed selection list.  Of course
you can do other things with this table, within the sources.php (in
turba/config), whereby you would prevent importing, etc.

Hope this is helpful to you,

-mike