[hermes] UI modification for Hermes

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:02:44 PST 2007

Hello all,
  I have tested hermes(time tracking) and think that it may be nice to
do some UI enhancements so that the non-techies should also be able to
add/update task logs.

1. In most cases employees will submit the time only at the end of the
month. This will create a very long page and it is tedious to scroll
down each time to look what he/she had entered last.In the *My Time*
screen the hours may be sorted in descending order. I know that this
will affect the search screen. Some kind of parameters should be set
to differentiate between *My time* and  *Search*

2. After adding a time the page should be re-directed to *My
Time*.Currently after updating the time, the page is edirected to *My
Time*. I would suggest the same feature in the case of *New Time*

3. Customize the CSV reports: The CSV reports are generally used by
the management people to evaluate and archive the timesheet for legal
issues. The *Job Type Id* is not necessary in the case of CSV reports.
 Also there should be options to group the time according to date and
put them in a single row.

If these modifications makes sense , then I can contribute to make
these modifications.

Kindly comment
regards
Manilal