[horde] Postgres 7 / RedHat 7

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue Nov 14 13:41:33 PST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, John C. Amodeo <amodeo at admin.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone have Horde DB scripts that will work with RedHat/Postgres 7
> to create the initial Horde DB's.

It's important to say whether you're trying this with IMP 2.2 (the current
stable version) or IMP 2.3 (the development version), because the database
format is going to change.

> I have just installed RedHat 7 on a
> new server, and during Horde configuration have found that the commands
> in the old Postgres scripts only apply to version 6.5

What leads you to say that?  Did you get a specific error message, or did
you read that somewhere?

The only experience I have that might be useful to share:  when I was
developing the horde/scripts/database/dbpasswd.sh script (to change the
password), I tested it on PostgreSQL 6.5.2 and 6.5.3.  There were two
reports from people who had problems getting it to work--but when I asked
them whether they were using PostgreSQL 7 I got no response.  My suspicion
is that this was a 6.5.3 vs. 7 issue but I never found out.

So... I will be interested to hear how this turns out.  Sorry I can't
offer an answer.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org>