[horde] Postgres 7 / RedHat 7

John C. Amodeo amodeo at admin.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:15:10 PST 2000

Brent,

Thanks for the response.  I have a few IMP servers running on both
Redhat 6.2 and VA 6.2.3 which both use the Postgres 6.X series sql
servers.  Redhat 7 ships with Postgres 7.  I want to install the current
stable version (2.2) becasue this new server will be in a production
environment.  A few things I have noticed about the differences between
v. 6.5 and 7:

In 6.5, the create database command is "create database <name>", in 7 it
is "createdb <name>" - there are some other diffs as well...

I am getting a slew of errors on the server when I first try to create
the db using the psql template1 < script command.  Consequently, running
test.php3 will succesfully create a horde instance, but will produce
errors when I try to test PHPLIB for Horde.  The errors look like this:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at ct_sql.inc:164) in session.inc on line 407
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at ct_sql.inc:164) in session.inc on line 120
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at ct_sql.inc:164) in session.inc on line 416

Since everything else is working, I have to assume (this could be wise
or not...) that the script has not created the db tables in postgres
successfully, and consequently, when I test PHPLIB, which uses sql for
session management, I get the errors.

-John