[horde] Postgres 7 / RedHat 7

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Nov 15 13:12:55 PST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, John C. Amodeo <amodeo at admin.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I have a few IMP servers running on both
> Redhat 6.2 and VA 6.2.3 which both use the Postgres 6.X series sql
> servers.  Redhat 7 ships with Postgres 7.  I want to install the
> current stable version (2.2) becasue this new server will be in a
> production environment.

Yes, I agree.

>  A few things I have noticed about the differences between
> v. 6.5 and 7:
>
> In 6.5, the create database command is "create database <name>", in 7 it
> is "createdb <name>"

Ugh--they didn't even make it backward compatible, deprecated and dropped
in a later release, that sort of thing?

> - there are some other diffs as well...
>
> I am getting a slew of errors on the server when I first try to create
> the db using the psql template1 < script command.  Consequently, running
> test.php3 will succesfully create a horde instance, but will produce
> errors when I try to test PHPLIB for Horde.
> [...]
> Since everything else is working, I have to assume (this could be wise
> or not...) that the script has not created the db tables in postgres
> successfully, and consequently, when I test PHPLIB, which uses sql for
> session management, I get the errors.

OK, sure sounds like you've diagnosed the problem correctly.

I'll add this to my to-look-at list (I have RH 7 on a few boxes here now)
and see if I can come up with a revised create script for 7.  If you get
to it before I do, a patch (or new version of the create script) would be
greatly appreciated.  :-)  I am really, really swamped here at the moment
so I don't know when I'll get to it.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org>