[horde] can imp do imap over ssl ?

Frank Louwers frank at student.rug.ac.be
Sat Nov 18 11:31:07 PST 2000

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 12:32:31PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Christophe Zwecker <doc at zwecker.de>:
>
> > just wonder if it can be done, imp is the last reason our imapd is
> > running all other clients from outside connect to stunneled imap

Yes, it can be done:

1) Get the latest uv-imapd source (release 2000 something).
2) Read the uv-imap docs and configure it for SSL use. (docs/BUILDSSL if i
recall correctly)
3) Depending on you php version, you might have to patch one file. Somewhere
in the php imap code, you have to change a #ifdef 0 into a #ifdef 1
(I quickly looked into the 4.0.2 source, but couldn't find it anymore)
4) Use host/imap/ssl instead of host/imap in your connection strings.

This means that in your horde/lib/horde.lib file, look for stuff like
if ($this->servtype == 'imap-ssl')
       $connstr = '{' . $this->server . '/imap/ssl}' .  imap_utf7_encode($this->mailbox);

I don't recall the exact stuff, and I don't have the exact sources here right
now...

Frank
--
Frank Louwers                               Network- and System-Administrator
See headers for GPG and PGP2 id and fingerprint