[horde] can imp do imap over ssl ?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Nov 18 12:58:30 PST 2000

Quoting Frank Louwers <frank at student.rug.ac.be>:

> Yes, it can be done:
>
> 1) Get the latest uv-imapd source (release 2000 something).
> 2) Read the uv-imap docs and configure it for SSL use. (docs/BUILDSSL if i
> recall correctly)
> 3) Depending on you php version, you might have to patch one file. Somewhere
> in the php imap code, you have to change a #ifdef 0 into a #ifdef 1
> (I quickly looked into the 4.0.2 source, but couldn't find it anymore)
> 4) Use host/imap/ssl instead of host/imap in your connection strings.
>
> This means that in your horde/lib/horde.lib file, look for stuff like
> if ($this->servtype == 'imap-ssl')
>        $connstr = '{' . $this->server . '/imap/ssl}' .
> imap_utf7_encode($this->mailbox);

If I'm understanding you correctly, by just adding (to 2.3) an IMAP-SSL option
(with a value of imap/ssl) to the protocols choices menu, that's the only needed
change to IMP? 2.3 will generate the connection string as
{server/imap/ssl:port}mailbox with just that change - given all of the other
stuff in place, it sounds like that's sufficient?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues