[horde] phpGroupWare + Horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 25 20:02:32 PST 2001

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar at developer.ch>:

> As a user, i would like to use horde, phpGW, SlashCode, etc without managing
> same information in different files and different formats or without managing
> diffferent sessions. (Single signon?)

This is certainly a noble and attractive goal. Heck, it's one of the holy
grails of software development - everything talking to and working with
everything. And maybe we do need to think about it more in some of our
decisions.

But then, that _is_ why we write Turba to use any backend with a driver
available, why practically everything we write can use as many backends as
people are motivated to support. The app level is weaker, yes, but it's also
harder, and to be honest: not very many people ask for it. Hopefully PEAR is
one step; storing information in LDAP is possibly another.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.