[horde] Introduction

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon Jan 29 05:07:03 PST 2001

Quoting mdean@kcnet.com:

> It may be.  The object factory takes care of including the proper class file
> and returning a new instance of an object.  It also prevents multiple
> inclusions of the file by tracking what has already been included.  This is
> very similar to some aspects of COM development.  An example:

Ah, okay. With php4, we get multiple inclusion protection built-in with
include_once and require_once, but otherwise this sounds familiar.

> What I am trying to accomplish is getting DCL's planned features in place.
> What I am looking for is possible interest in combining development effort,
> but I am not sure if this fits into your scheme of things. I'm just putting
> out a feeler to see if there's any interest in pursuing this...if not, that's
> fine.

I guess I'm still just unclear on what you have in mind as collaboration. I'm
always happy to try and work with people that are interested with interacting
with Horde in some way.

> Could you expound on your plan for WHUPS?

To be honest, right now I personally don't really have one. I'd like it to be a
bug/project/ticket tracking app, with hooks into Chora (our cvs viewer) so that
you could see which cvs commit closed a particular bug - go directly to
patches, etc. Also with links into a FAQ, so that closed problems (or open)
would automatically show up in the relevant parts of a FAQ (and in searches).
Stuff like that.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>