[horde] Introduction

Jon Parise jon at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jan 29 18:11:27 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 07:42:02PM -0600, Michael and Michele Dean wrote:

> 2.  Enhance DCL and use a seed for WHUPS
> 3.  Use DCL as a seed for WHUPS

I think one of these would probably be the best route for Horde.  The
downside is creating a "competitor" to DCL.

> DCL encompasses those features and more in its scope.  Currently, I have
> bug/project/ticket tracking and the FAQ system you describe partially
> implemented.  DCL has an existing user base already, so there is already
> an advantage to its use.

I personally think the FAQ system should be implemented as a separate
Horde module.  I can think of a number of situations where a site
might want its functionality without the additional ticket tracking
overhead.

The bug tracker / task manager could then in turn integrate with the
FAQ system, Chora, neither, or both.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology