[horde] Introduction

mdean at kcnet.com mdean at kcnet.com
Tue Jan 30 12:18:07 PST 2001

> Quoting Michael and Michele Dean <mdean at kcnet.com>:
>
> a). Take a snapshot of DCL, use it as a seed for WHUPS, and go our seperate
> ways?
>
> b). Migrate DCL to use the Horde framework, and have it as the bug-
> tracking/ticket/etc. app for Horde (thus deprecating WHUPS)?
>
> c). Something else I'm not catching?

I can only relate my preference since I'm not in a position to say what happens
with Horde.  What I would like to do is get some of the planned enhancements
into DCL, and then see where it stands.

Another thought I'm having is keeping DCL the way it is, but writing abstract
interfaces so it could be hooked into phpGroupWare and Horde (and ???) without
modification.  This means I will have to create my own API for standalone,
which really won't be a big deal.

Just some thoughts....  Do you have an idea of what _you_ would like to see?

> So, it sounds like one of the first things to do either way we go is to split
> the FAQ stuff out and make it into a standalone, integrateable module.

As I said, it already is mostly stand-alone, so this isn't a problem.
Everything in DCL (practically) is an object, so it's easy to rip the stuff out
if need be.

Mike