[horde] Introduction

Keith A. Chayer kchayer at bbcnet.edu
Tue Jan 30 12:33:39 PST 2001

Quoting mdean at kcnet.com:

> > b). Migrate DCL to use the Horde framework, and have it as the bug-
> > tracking/ticket/etc. app for Horde (thus deprecating WHUPS)?

[..]

> I can only relate my preference since I'm not in a position to say what
> happens
> with Horde.  What I would like to do is get some of the planned enhancements
>
> into DCL, and then see where it stands.

It seems to me the best thing would be to combine the two projects into one.
DCL is a good start and apparently already has achieved some of the goals in
mind for WHUPS.  I like the Horde setup (IMP is what I use particularly,
naturally) as well as DCL itself--why not make them both part of the same
project and eliminate duplicate, albeit similar, applications?

Logistically, though, I have no idea what combining the two projects code-wise
will involve.  I haven't been very source code intimate with either
project--I've only recently worked with DCL to get it working and make it useful
here.

..Keith

Keith A. Chayer                                         Baptist Bible College
Network Technician                                         Springfield, MO
           .--.
 ::\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/::      "Ready?  For 800 years have I trained Jedi.
 ::::.  ` __::__ '  .::::      My own council will I keep on who is ready."