Documentation reccomendations

doug moore lordscarlet at idledreams.net
Tue Feb 6 11:56:47 PST 2001

The documentation i used was horde/docs/INSTALL, so this is in reference to
that and with the assumption of a default redhat instlal, which is what the
INSTALL documentation uses:

/** 1

make install
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start  (or startssl for mod_ssl)
cp /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl /init.d/httpd

should more appopriately be:

cp /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl /etc/init.d/httpd

redhat does not seem to symlink a /init.d

**/

/** 2

cd /imp/config
cp conf.php.dist conf.php
cp prefs.php.dist prefs.php
cp html.php.dist html.php
cp servers.php.dist servers.php

should also have:
cp mime.php.dist mime.php

**/

/** 3

Configure PHP. The following command will give you the proper support for
all of the programs we installed above, but I suggest you type
"./configure --help" and look over all of the options you can use:

./configure --with-zlib --with-mm --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-mcal=../libmcal --with-ldap --with-imap=../imap \
--with-gettext --enable-ftp --with-db3=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1 \
--with-apache=../apache --with-mcrypt

-- before running ./configure you need to run ./buildconf for a fresh php
cvs
installation.. some people (such as me :) ) may think that you need to grab
tarball and use the ./configure fromt here :)
**/

/** 4
Also, i THINK you have to do:

mysqladmin [ -h <host> ] -u hordemgr -p password <new-password>

after creating hordemgr (or whatever user your prefer) in order for it to
authenticate properly when IMP tries to connect to mysql.  or atleast this
seemed to cure my woes at one point, it may need to be tested further by
someone to see for sure..

**/
doug.