[horde] Upgrading IMP

Imre Oolberg imre at tac.ee
Fri Feb 16 06:06:43 PST 2001

Hi,

> > What I cant figure out is where IMP storages information about which
> > folders are selected.
>
> It doesn't; your IMAP server does that.

I use IMAP4rev1 v12.264, where does it keep that information then, in a
user home i didnt find any obvious place :(

> > And also, if i drop the database (MySQL) for example and recontruct it
> > as a new will the users notice it.
>
> Fortunately there were no database changes between 2.2.3 and 2.2.4, so you
> don't have to do anything to the database.

But please tell me, if because of some reason i need to lift the whole
staff from one server into another and the Internet configuration remains
the same (ie domain names, users etc) then could i just start my MySQL
anew (and initialize horde MysSQL database like README says) or i need to
dump horde databases into backup files and then restore
from them in a new system? I mean it obvius to me that MySQL is essential
during a user-serving-session if there is such a thing :)
But does the database consist some useful information between the
mail-sessions?

At least now database horde contains three tables

active_sessions
imp_addr
imp_pref

of which only the first one has records. And only some thirty or so.

Best Regards, Imre