[horde] Upgrading IMP

Rich Lafferty rich at horde.org
Fri Feb 16 07:10:23 PST 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:06:43PM +0100, Imre Oolberg (imre at tac.ee) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > What I cant figure out is where IMP storages information about which
> > > folders are selected.
> >
> > It doesn't; your IMAP server does that.
>
> I use IMAP4rev1 v12.264, where does it keep that information then, in a
> user home i didnt find any obvious place :(

Uh, the protocol revision doesn't matter much; your IMAP *server*
keeps track of folders however it pleases. Its documentation should
explain that.

> But please tell me, if because of some reason i need to lift the whole
> staff from one server into another and the Internet configuration remains
> the same (ie domain names, users etc) then could i just start my MySQL
> anew (and initialize horde MysSQL database like README says) or i need to
> dump horde databases into backup files and then restore
> from them in a new system?

Well, *my* users would certainly be annoyed if I threw away all of
their address books and preferences. I can't speak for yours, though.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services