[horde] poppassd server

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Mar 18 14:03:42 PST 2001

Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich at horde.org>:

> Er, are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, contacts management is a
> big job, so separating Turba out makes sense, especially because
> that's all that Turba does. But do we want to tell people that they
> have to install all of Gollem to enable their users to change the
> password they use for email?

Well, what do people think? I came from the same viewpoint, but I came around
to thinking password changing is big enough of a job to be seperated out. I
don't think it should be in IMP; there are too many specifics. Here are the 4
possibilities I see:

1. put in it Gollem. Max sees Gollem as a general account manager,
handling .forwards, vacation, etc; password changing fits in reasonably well
with those.

2. put password changing right into Horde.

3. put it into its own app.

4. take all of the account-management stuff (vacations, forwards, passwords)
out of Gollem and make all of them into their own app, leaving Gollem just to
do ftp.

Listing them out that way, I'd go for #1 or #4. Let the discussion rage.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people