[horde] poppassd server

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Mon Mar 19 03:48:25 PST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> 1. put in it Gollem. Max sees Gollem as a general account manager,
> handling .forwards, vacation, etc; password changing fits in
> reasonably well with those.
>
> 4. take all of the account-management stuff (vacations, forwards,
> passwords)  out of Gollem and make all of them into their own app,
> leaving Gollem just to do ftp.
>
> Listing them out that way, I'd go for #1 or #4.

I definitely agree; #1 or #4 are the two I would pick.  Given Max's last
comment about the modularity of the Gollem sub-functions, I guess I don't
have a strong preference whether Gollem functions are broken out into
separate Horde modules now, later, or never.

One more thought to add into the mix:  this spring I'm designing (well,
should be farther along than I am) a new account-management system for our
location, and I wanted to do it as a Horde module... I'd be very
interested in joining a work-in-progress rather than doing it all from
scratch.  The piece that hasn't been talked about here yet is the
administrator's level:  being able to create/delete accounts (based on
policies), and being able to change settings for a user (as an
authenticated administrator).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org>