[horde] Horde Problem login

WebWiz webwiz at atlcon.net
Mon Mar 19 09:29:41 PST 2001

Sorry.  Further clarification (not based on memory this time but on an
actual perusal of my local.inc file)...

In my case, from local.inc:

/* To use an SQL database, uncomment and edit the following: */
class HordeDB extends DB_Sql {
  var $Host = 'demeter';
  var $Database = 'horde';
  var $User = '[obscured]';
  var $Password = '[obscured]';
  var $Port = '';

  function halt($msg) {
    // Printing here causes race condition trouble, so don't.
  }
}

If I left $Host as

   var $Host = 'localhost';

(which is how it ships in Horde 1.2.4) then I would get the error that was
described.  ("Unable to log in as horde at localhost or some such thing).  When
I changed it to the version you see above, everything worked fine.

For some reason, I've never been able to get it to work properly with
'localhost'.  Probably a misconfiguration of my hosts file.

Regards,
Eric Longman
Atl-Connect Internet Services

| Atl-Connect Internet Services   http://www.atlcon.net |
| 3600 Dallas Hwy Ste 230-288              770 590-0888 |
| Marietta, GA 30064-1685            support at atlcon.net |