[horde] Vpopmail Support / Virtual Mail Support

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Apr 20 04:46:51 PDT 2001

> when I try compile php (I use php-4.0.4) and
> imap module ( I use courier imap the configure
> has to include/enable imap, do i inclue this
> option when

Please read the PHP installation instructions:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php

which tell you that you need c-client for the PHP IMAP client libraries.

> and for authentication, could I use vpopmail
> authentication not use mysql authentication?,
> if so what should I do?

Please read the Courier-IMAP/VPopMail documentation:

http://inter7.com/courierimap/INSTALL.html

If you install things step by step (get the VPopMail/Courier setup
working first, then start installing IMP), the process is
straightforward (but read all the documentation!)

Anil