[horde] Upgrading horde & imp

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Mon Jun 18 04:43:28 PDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Sean Murphy <murphys at Teltec.DCU.IE> wrote:

> I want to upgrade horde and IMP.
>
> Is it as simple as untarring the new version and copying the contents
> of the config directory from my old installation into my new
> installation?
>
> I want to upgrade from IMP 2.2.0 to 2.2.5 and Horde 1.2.0 to 1.2.5.

Pretty much.  Most of the configuration files end in ".dist" in the
tarball, so that the normal config. files (without the ".dist") won't be
overwritten by unpacking the tarballs over your current source.  The big
exception is phplib/local.inc as I recall; back up your whole tree before
you start.

You should compare the old .dist files to the new .dist files, to pick up
new configuration variables that your old config. files wouldn't have had.

The MySQL schema changed between 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, so you should run
horde/scripts/database/mysql_alter.sql to update that.  Other than that,
it should be pretty straightforward.

> One more thing, it would be useful if the default webpage for a horde
> installation displayed the version number - I couldn't find the version
> number of my horde installation very easily. Perhaps this is in the newer
> version.

Hmm.  Yes, in the upper-right-hand corner (part of the status frame) it
should show the version.  I don't remember this changing any time
recently, but at least it's there in 2.2.5.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN