[horde] Upgrading horde & imp

Sean Murphy murphys at Teltec.DCU.IE
Mon Jun 18 05:13:28 PDT 2001

Brent,

Thanks for the reply.

> > Is it as simple as untarring the new version and copying the contents
> > of the config directory from my old installation into my new
> > installation?
> >
> > I want to upgrade from IMP 2.2.0 to 2.2.5 and Horde 1.2.0 to 1.2.5.
>
> Pretty much.  Most of the configuration files end in ".dist" in the
> tarball, so that the normal config. files (without the ".dist") won't be
> overwritten by unpacking the tarballs over your current source.  The big
> exception is phplib/local.inc as I recall; back up your whole tree before
> you start.
>
> You should compare the old .dist files to the new .dist files, to pick up
> new configuration variables that your old config. files wouldn't have had.
>
> The MySQL schema changed between 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, so you should run
> horde/scripts/database/mysql_alter.sql to update that.  Other than that,
> it should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the pointer - I wouldn't have picked up on this.

I think it would be a good idea to write this into the FAQ - cutting and
pasting the above text into the FAQ would be useful, I think.

> > One more thing, it would be useful if the default webpage for a horde
> > installation displayed the version number - I couldn't find the version
> > number of my horde installation very easily. Perhaps this is in the newer
> > version.
>
> Hmm.  Yes, in the upper-right-hand corner (part of the status frame) it
> should show the version.  I don't remember this changing any time
> recently, but at least it's there in 2.2.5.

This is for IMP. I meant that it would be useful to be able to see what
version of *horde* I have installed, so I can see if it is necessary to
upgrade horde as well as IMP.

In my installation, there is a page at

https://www.teltec.dcu.ie:8443/horde/

which lists the installed horde modules (only IMP at the moment) and links
to the horde FAQ. I think it would be useful to put the *horde* version
number on this page as is done with the IMP version.

Sean.

-----
Sean Murphy,                    Email: sean.murphy at teltec.dcu.ie
Teltec Ireland,                 Phone: +353-1-7005080
DCU, Dublin 9,                  Fax:   +353-1-7005092
Ireland.