[horde] Help!!!

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Fri Jun 22 13:23:02 PDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, root <coulterjohnson at invisitrack.com> wrote:

> First I would like to say thanx for the help

No problem.  :-)

> php-ldap-4.0.4pl1-9
> mod_php-4.0.3pl1-1
> php-imap-4.0.4pl1-9
> php-mysql-4.0.4pl1-9
> php-manual-4.0.3pl1-1
> php-devel-4.0.4pl1-9
> php-pgsql-4.0.4pl1-9
> php-4.0.4pl1-9

Your problem is that you can't mix and match versions of these
RPMS like this; that's why you're getting the ld errors when you try to
load Apache.  Update mod_php and php-manual to 4.0.4pl1-9 to match the
others and I think that will fix it.

> mysql-devel-3.23.36-1
> mysql-3.23.32-1.7
> mysql-server-3.23.36-1

Another mismatch here with the MySQL RPMs.

> # rpm -qa | egrep '^(horde|imp)-'
> horde-1.2.4-1rh7

OK, so now you need to install horde-mysql and then imp.

> > Hmm... you're not mixing/matching RPMs and your own compiled code, by
> > chance, are you?
>
> Not my own code are you kidding... I don't know how to code :)

Sorry, what I meant was:  compiling and installing some things with "make"
etc., and other things with RPMs.  It sounds now like you're using all
RPMs.

> oh... no you brought out another problem... in the readme i saw it
> said to follow the text output on changing passwords and stuff... I
> never saw any text documents.

You haven't gotten to them yet.  When you install the horde-mysql RPM it
will give you some commands to set up the database, and when you install
the imp RPM it will give you some commands to configure IMP on the web.

> how do I change the password?

Once you've tested everything (horde/test.php3) and it's working with the
default "hordemgr" password, I would use the dbpasswd.sh script (in the
horde/scripts/database dir.) as a simple way to make the change for you.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN