[horde] One more question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Aug 10 13:44:40 PDT 2001

Quoting Matt Jezorek <matt at bluelinux.org>:

> $conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'www.bluelinux.org';

Is that the hostname that you have access to the db from?

> $conf['auth']['params']['username'] = 'root';
> $conf['auth']['params']['password'] = '';

You _really_ want to set a password for root on your db, and you should set up
a different user for Horde, also.

> As far as does nothing I can not get it to authorize a user. I created a
> user in the horde_auth table but it will not authenticate it just redirects
> back to the login page with no mention of wrong password cant find user or
> anything of that sort.

When you inserted the row in the db, did you run the password through md5()?
Have you checked your database logs to see what they say?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.