Preferences in horde CVS

René Jensen lundeman at email.dk
Mon Aug 13 14:24:08 PDT 2001

Hi

I'm having some problems with my preferences.

I'm using the CVS version of horde from around August 10.
I'm trying to use postgresql for preferences.

this is what I have in horde/config/horde.php

/**
 ** Preference System Settings
 **/

// What preferences driver should we use? Valid values are 'none'
// (meaning use system defaults and don't save any user preferences),
// 'session' (preferences only persist during the login), 'ldap',
// and 'sql'.
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array(
        'phptype'  => 'pgsql',
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',
        'username' => 'hordeadmin',
        'password' => '****',
        'database' => 'horde',
        'table'    => 'horde_prefs'
);

I have tried to set hostspec to the actual servername but that didn't help
me.
horde ain't even trying to connect to my database at any time.
even not when I try to save my preferences. I just get the message
preferences saved successfully, but when I reconnect my preferences are
gone.

Any hint here..??

               _\|/_
               (@ @)