[horde] adding users to horde

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar at developer.ch
Fri Aug 24 07:26:38 PDT 2001

Hi,

Adding / managing users is the job of th backend not the front-end.
IMP, Turba, Kronolith etc are all front-end applications. They dont know
how the user is stored in the system.

IMP for example doesnt know if the user is a system user, or is coming
from LDAP via pam_ldap or via a database etc·

all it cares for that is that the username and password for provided and
it was authentified or rejected by the backend (imap server in most
cases)

If you want to run Cyrus, openldap, postfix etc, for your isp
management, have a look at ISPMan. www.ispman.org
It is a backend managment system and hence does not provide any
front-end services (mail reading, etc)

cheers

--
Atif Ghaffar