PHP -> IMAP-Client -> HORDE didn`t find IMAP! Why?

Leandro Sales - Estagiário GTI leandro at cefet-al.br
Fri Aug 24 10:03:35 PDT 2001

Hi, I compiled the PHP4.0.6 with Apache1.3.20 in order to use HORDE/IMP
software. I compiled PHP as the following way

./configure --with-mysql --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.20 --with-imap-ssl=../imap --with-gd=/opt/gd/
--enable-gd-native-ttf --with-zlib-dir=/opt/zlib/ --enable-track-vars

note: ../imap is the imap-client from www.washington.edu
checking from ./configure --help of PHP, the option --with-imap option doesn't
exist! The faq documents use --with-imap, but as I already said, --with-imap
doesn't exist.

And the apache is loading the following
modules:
Loaded Modules:
mod_php4, mod_setenvif, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_alias, mod_userdir,
mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include,
mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

The problem is: executing test.php3 horde file from the browser, it says that
IMAP is not installed. Why? The PHP/APACHE compilation was successed.

What should I have to do now? I'm running PHP/APACHE on a HPUX10.20 box.

Thanks.

Leandro.

If help, the test.php3 execution:

Horde Versions
    Horde: 1.2.5
    IMP: 2.2.5
PHP Version
    PHP Version: 4.0.6
    PHP Major Version: 4
    PHP Minor Version: 6
    PHP Version Classification: release
    You are running a supported release of PHP4. Enjoy the ride!
PHP Module Capabilities
    IMAP Support: No
    Without IMAP support, IMP will not run. You will need to fix this if you
want to run IMP.
    LDAP Support: No
    MySQL Support: Yes
    PostgreSQL Support: Yes
PHPLIB Configuration
    track_vars: Yes
    PHPLIB (is page_open() defined): No
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
    register_globals set to On: Yes
    magic_quotes_gpc set to Off: No
    magic_quotes_gpc causes data coming from GET, POST, or COOKIE modes to be
processed so that single quotes and backslashes are prefixed with a backslash
(\'). This makes your email
    look very ugly. Turn it off. If the PHPLIB installation instructions claim
that they want this setting on, they lie - PHPLIB versions 7 and later work
perfectly well with it off.
    magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes

                  Leandro Melo de Sales.
CEFET/AL - Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica de Alagoas
           Gerência de Tecnologia da Informação
               Administração de Rede - GTI
   "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                    -- Pablo Picasso