[horde] PHP -> IMAP-Client -> HORDE didn`t find IMAP! Why?

Rich Lafferty rich at horde.org
Fri Aug 24 10:15:41 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 02:03:35PM -0300, Leandro Sales - Estagiário GTI (leandro at cefet-al.br) wrote:
> Hi, I compiled the PHP4.0.6 with Apache1.3.20 in order to use HORDE/IMP
> software. I compiled PHP as the following way
>
> ./configure --with-mysql --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql
> --with-apache=../apache_1.3.20 --with-imap-ssl=../imap --with-gd=/opt/gd/
> --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-zlib-dir=/opt/zlib/ --enable-track-vars
>
> note: ../imap is the imap-client from www.washington.edu checking
> from ./configure --help of PHP, the option --with-imap option
> doesn't exist! The faq documents use --with-imap, but as I already
> said, --with-imap doesn't exist.

Er, that ./configure line doesn't /contain/ "--with-imap". But PHP
certainly has it:

$ pwd
/home/rich/src/php/php-4.0.6
$ ./configure --help 2>&1 | grep IMAP
  --with-imap[=DIR]       Include IMAP support.  DIR is the IMAP include
  --with-kerberos[=DIR]     IMAP: Include Kerberos support.
  --with-imap-ssl[=DIR]     IMAP: Include SSL support.

What error did you get when you tried it with "--with-imap"?

> And the apache is loading the following modules: Loaded Modules:
> mod_php4, mod_setenvif, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_alias,
> mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir,
> mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime,
> mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Those are Apache modules, not PHP extensions. Mod_imap is the
poorly-named image-map module for Apache.

> The problem is: executing test.php3 horde file from the browser, it says that
> IMAP is not installed. Why? The PHP/APACHE compilation was successed.

You successfully compiled it -- without IMAP support.

> PHP Module Capabilities
>     IMAP Support: No
>     Without IMAP support, IMP will not run. You will need to fix this if you
> want to run IMP.

See? :-)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!