[horde] IMP message composition

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Sun Oct 7 22:11:07 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 03:04:30PM +1000, Gold wrote:

> I'm currently working on the first half of this and have the
> signature generation, key generation and key-ring management
> working from IMP's web interface.  The part I'm having trouble
> with is building the out going message so it's compliant with
> RFC 2015 ( http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2015.txt )

[snip]

> In order to be complient with rfc 2015 I need to get the
> message headers for Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding
> at this point before the $envelope is built so I can add them
> to the $msg for signing.

I'm afraid I don't have any insight into your immediate problem
(maybe Chuck can chime in with an answer), but you might want to
check into IMP 2.3.

I realize you might be doing this work primarily for your IMP 2.2
installation, but we won't be making any more IMP 2.2 releases
(except for security reasons), and it would be a shame for your
work not to end up in a release.

IMP 2.3 gives you greater flexibility over message creation, too.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)