[horde] magic_quotes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 14 19:59:46 PST 2001

Quoting Simon Hildrew <simon at ury.york.ac.uk>:

> We are currently using horde and imp to serve webmail on our server,
> although we are using it with magic_quotes_gpc = on due to the fact that all
> the other databases that use the same install of PHP etc need this to
> operate.  Why is it so critical that this is set to off?  Surely you can
> just add a bit of code to ensure that the input is correct anyway?  Such as
> this (from the PHP website):

If it's so trivial, submit the patches. But you should know that IMP 2.2.x and
Horde 1.2.x aren't maintained except for security releases anymore, and that
things work regardless of this setting in Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the